December 6, 2005

A Few Questions Before the Anderson Twp. GOP Ambu.., Er, Meeting Wednesday Night

Filed under: OH-02 US House,Taxes & Government — Tom @ 12:29 pm

BizzyBlog will be there. A stellar lineup of declared GOP candidates for various offices in Ohio will speak.

Initial indications are that I may be the only person who generally likes both Jean Schmidt and Tom Brinkman in attendance. Before I’m banished to a hermetically sealed chamber in the back of the room as a result, I’m hoping to clear up a few questions:

• On Jean Schmidt’s 2005 “Let Them Eat Cake Award” (warning: R-Rated Content) ” for “the politician who best displays blithe ignorance of the plight of the beleaguered over-taxed payers of Cincinnati and Hamilton County”–What tax and/or spending increases did she vote for in 2005? (sorry folks, the congressional pay raise, which is less than inflation and was made semi-automatic in the days of [ahem] Willis Gradison, doesn’t count–Oh, and did I forget to mention that Steve Chabot and Geoff Davis voted for the $280 billion-plus pork-laden Highway Bill?)
  • In her Cunningham interview two weeks ago and at her town meeting this past Saturday, Jean Schmidt stated that 80,000 terrorists have been killed (I don’t recall the time period specified). The closest I can get is 50,000 from the Brookings Institution. What’s the support for the 80,000 figure?
  • Tell me who Bob McEwen will work for if he somehow, after 12 years of insisting on calling himself a “Congressman,” actually becomes a congressman. His past Advantage Associates clients and associates from China, undemocratic Mideast nations, or who-knows-where? Arch-socialist and fellow “Advantage Team Member” Ron Dellums (more background here)? His Amway/Quixtar keep-this-out-of-court buds? James “find Bob a job” Dobson (go to end of article)? Exactly where do the people of the 2nd District fit into this?
  • How are the outbreaks of Schmidt Derangement Syndrome (SDS) and Brinkman COASTal Complex (BCC) that are running rampant throughout the District spreading, and do we need a districtwide quarantine?

1. COAST: Watchdogs or PAC?

BizzyBlog, who deserves your vote (every 24 hours) in the Weblog Awards, has a few questions he hopes to clear up.

At the top of his list he asks what tax increase Jean Schmidt voted for in 2005 to justify COAST giving her the 2005 Let Them Eat Ca…

Trackback by Project LOGIC — December 6, 2005 @ 1:14 pm

2. It’s possible to like both Schmidt and Brinkman?

Well, at least tell me you pick a side on Pepsi vs Coke or N’Sync vs the Backstreet Boys.

And, you were probably right the first time. It’s an ambush.

Comment by Eric Kephas — December 6, 2005 @ 1:16 pm

3. #2 — Fountain Coke, but that doesn’t mean I won’t drink regular Coke or Pepsi. :–>

Boy Bands–neither of the above.

Comment by TBlumer — December 6, 2005 @ 1:31 pm

4. Good post Tom. Though I’m definitely on the Brinkman/Heimlich/Monzel wing of the party, I’ll admit all of the questions you posed are legitimate. If you get a chance to ask them I’d be interested in hearing the answers.

Comment by CincyJeff — December 6, 2005 @ 2:33 pm

5. #4, Thanks CJ. I’ll try to stay unsealed long enough.

Comment by TBlumer — December 6, 2005 @ 2:43 pm

6. “What’s the support for the 80,000 figure?”

She may have meant to say Iraqis have been killed. The civilian death toll is estimated around 30,000 plus the 50,000 insurgents equals 80K.

In the Coke v. Pepsi debate – I’m a Pepper.

Comment by Jeff Sinnard — December 7, 2005 @ 2:11 pm

7. #6, I don’t think so on the 30,000 (which last I saw was closer to 10,000, but it has been a while).

I’m a Pepper too, but I didn’t know write-ins were allowed.

Comment by TBlumer — December 7, 2005 @ 2:26 pm

8. I buy the soft drinks that are on sale. I’m just as conservative with my money as I am my votes.

BTW, I made it to the event tonight. I’m anxious to see your recap. I’ll post my thoughts in the comment section of that entry.

Comment by CincyJeff — December 7, 2005 @ 10:30 pm

9. [...] ’s beyond rumor) is that he may withdraw soon. Answers to some of BizzyBlog’s questions before the meeting were found, and some remain elusive: No outbreaks of SDS (Schmidt Derangement Synd [...]

Pingback by BizzyBlog.com » Anderson Township Meeting Notes — December 8, 2005 @ 1:33 pm