March 13, 2008

The People Who Have Given Me Grief Over the Use of Barack Obama’s Middle Name …..

Filed under: Taxes & Government — Tom @ 7:07 am

….. can officially shut their pieholes.

Their candidate says it’s okay, as Bret Stephens at the Wall Street Journal noted on Tuesday:

Sometime before Barack Obama’s middle name slipped into the realm of the unmentionable, it was supposed to be a selling point of his candidacy. “Well, I think if you’ve got a guy named Barack Hussein Obama, that’s a pretty good contrast to George W. Bush,” Mr. Obama told PBS’s Tavis Smiley on October 18, 2007. “If you believe that we’ve got to heal America and we’ve got to repair our standing in the world, then I think my supporters believe that I am the messenger who can deliver that message.”

Far be it from me to get in the way of the candidate I have been referring to for some time as BOOHOO (Barack O-bomba Overseas Hussein “Obambi” Obama) selling his “pretty good contrast” — even if he is, using the “logic” of some of his clearly misguided sympathizers, “smearing” himself in the process. :–>

Perhaps someone from the Obama campaign, if they think it would enhance the “pretty good contrast” their candidate wishes to promote, can let me know if they would prefer that I use bold, all caps, or both when using his middle name in the future.

________________________________________________

UPDATE, 10:05 p.m.: Well, well. Get under somebody’s skin — just a little bit — and you see what’s really in there come out (WARNING: large quantities of mindless, gratuitous profanity are at the link that follows) in all its ugliness. You also see a perfect illustration as to why comments and trackbacks here are moderated.

1. If Obama feels the name carries such negative baggage that it is a pejorative he can always get his name changed. In the 1930′s the NY phone book had thousands of listings for people named Hitler. By 1945 there was not a single one. The people didn’t go away just the name which was disgraced to the point that no one would consider using it again.

Comment by largebill — March 13, 2008 @ 9:50 am

2. this really is pretty amateur of you, tom. expect better. do you really not think i can call you “asshat” in two different ways? one jovial (haha) and one mean spirited? is that possible?

come on man. you know the difference. stop pretending.

there’s a big difference and you know it. so shut your piehole.

Comment by Eric — March 13, 2008 @ 9:56 am

3. Well Eric, I searched high and low for the “jovial” element in this ….

Of course, our pals in the right-wing blogosphere here in Ohio are more interested in “winning” by smearing Obama (by using his middle name, when he doesn’t, and other things to perpetuate the false “Muslim” smear) than in the truth. Many of them are upset at McCain for condemning these kinds of smears.

…. and “somehow,” I couldn’t seem to find it.

Oh, and this:

Such a very nice and positive story from Bizzy. I’m thankful that he didn’t make fun of the kid. He tends to do that to folks with Hussein as part of their name.

You should be proud of me. I’ve been carrying out your candidate’s stated wish, consistently and almost without fail, for well over a year. I expect a call from the campaign any day now. :–>

Comment by TBlumer — March 13, 2008 @ 11:13 am

4. Tom! How dare you! LOL

As long as you have been blogging are you not aware that the double standard democraps are only allowed to call names or insinuate things about candidates.

False muslim smears of Obama is the unthinkable to the dems. Thier JFK/MLK blend has been elevated to Super God Status at Buckeye State Barf – so you should just get to the point….

Barack HUSSEIN Odumbo is a terrorist loving ass hat. This moron actually thinks he empty speeches will win the hearts of the terrorists he has dressed like.

What I think is funny with the man love for Obama is how Ferraro was railed out of Hillary’s camp because of old, but very accurate, comments about Rev. Je$$e Jackson.

Maybe they would prefer we just call him Buckwheat !

Comment by King — March 13, 2008 @ 12:56 pm

5. Maybe they would prefer we just call him Buckwheat!

You can call the Obama campaign and ask if using (to quote Eddie Murphy’s imitation) “Buh-weet” is acceptable.

I suspect your answer will be that it’s not “oh-tay.”

Comment by TBlumer — March 13, 2008 @ 1:49 pm

6. Tom, some interesting reading regarding one of your favorite people and Obama : http://www.townhall.com/columnists/GeorgeWill/2008/03/13/a_magnificent_catastrophe

Comment by dscott — March 13, 2008 @ 3:38 pm

7. Thx. As to Strickland taking either one’s veep slot — prelim reax is go ahead, make my day — for reasons Will wouldn’t be aware of.

The biggest is that the guy is going to blame OH’s econ on George Bush – uh-huh.

Comment by TBlumer — March 13, 2008 @ 4:48 pm

8. not mindless or gratuitous. made my point quite well i think. mindless and gratuitous would be comment 4, but you failed to mention that tom. you mofo you! LOL. i say that as buddies you know. me and you. we go back. ;-)

(abbreviated so as not to corrupt the ears of yee conservative types)

somebody has to call you on your BS.

Comment by Eric — March 13, 2008 @ 10:22 pm

9. somebody has to call you on your BS.

Assuming there’s any to be found, it would appear this “somebody” you’re referring to isn’t you.

Your tactic is the one used when the wells of originality, constructive argument, and “buddy” spirit of good cheer have run bone dry. Too bad — It would have been far better not to have gone where you did. You have damaged yourself in a totally unforced error.

PS. Also useful, I now have a link for the duration of the election season explaining to any reader clicking on it how deployment of the “H” in “BOOHOO” squares with Obama’s stated preference. Life is good.

Comment by TBlumer — March 13, 2008 @ 10:47 pm

10. Oh my I’ve been banned! This is disturbing!

Maybe the Buckwheat remark was not accurate. After looking at O’Dumbo’s picture in terrorist clothes – Hambo from PIG coined a more appropriate name….

Uncle Jemimah

Maybe this will get me unbanned at Plundercrap?

Comment by King — March 14, 2008 @ 6:57 am

11. #10, I’m thinking “Banned at Plunderbund” T-shirts, caps, coffee mugs, the works….

Comment by TBlumer — March 14, 2008 @ 8:12 am