September 6, 2008

Palin Punditry and Prose You Won’t See in the Papers or on the TV News

Filed under: MSM Biz/Other Bias,Taxes & Government — Tom @ 10:31 am

PalinSpeaking0908.jpgFirst, Bill Whittle at National Review Online.

That will be followed by observations of commenter “Tom W” (not yours truly) at Pajamas Media.

If they indeed reflect what is happening on the ground, you won’t hear about it from the Associated Press, or read it in the New York Times, or see it on the Big Three Networks news or cable shows — which is why it’s so necessary to post items like this here. In fact, it’s fair to say that if you were going to see commentary and commenting such as that which follows, it would have occurred already.

Here’s just a taste (HT NixGuy) of what Whittle, whose columns are always read-the-whole thingers, had to say:

I’ve seen post after post on Hillary forums about how much they love Sarah, how they are energized and lifted out of depression by her (and the sight of an actual Roll Call made some of them weep). They gush about how she reminds them of their hero, how tough and savvy and unafraid she is. And I have seen these women, hard-core, feminist Democrats for 30 years and more, sit in slack-jawed amazement at Palin and at how fiercely Republicans — Republicans! — are defending her, backing her, and cheering her to the rafters. These Clinton supporters say they don’t know what to think any more: The Republicans are behaving like Democrats and the Democrats are behaving like Republicans!

If you think that’s an insult, you’ve got it exactly backwards. That is not only a huge compliment from these abandoned, centrist Democrats who bemoan the loss of their party to the radicals, it is an early rumbling of a tectonic shift in American politics which we are only dimly beginning to grasp. Who are the real feminists? A significant portion of our former hard-core opposition is now rethinking in a fundamental way who it is that actually does what their former allies only talk about.

Expect the PC Police and their media allies to exert maximum effort in the coming eight weeks to put a lid on this. Good luck.

Now, here’s Tom W’s comment (fourth one down at Michael Weiss’s Pajamas Media post):

The PUMAs are starting to love Palin because every single adult woman has stories of being patronized, passed over, etc., by men, and Palin has already shown that she will gut anybody who tries that on her.

Get this: I’ve now heard dozens of times that when Palin was trashing Obama, PUMA members say they were jumping up and down in their homes, screaming at the TV, in absolute flabbergasted wonder at this woman’s power, ease, style, grace, brains, and ability to speak and connect with the audience. Mostly, though, they love her mad assassin’s skillz.

American women will not let this candidate go. They love her deeply, not as a goddess, but as a sister, and they are slowly absorbing the fact that it took the REPUBLICANS to put a woman on the ticket. We may see many radical feminists become Republicans, I kid you not. One PUMA went to McCain’s speech last night, and she started sobbing because McCain was so humble and emotional, and the people around her were so nice, patriotic, and happy. She’s used to ugly, angry, smelly leftists.

And this is a vital point to remember: McCain honored all women by choosing an exceptional woman who outshines him. He is so much of a man, so comfortable and secure with his masculinity, that he is entirely unthreatened by the fact that he has chosen the person who will eventually eclipse him. If he had chosen a nonentity, they’d be enraged at the pandering, but by choosing someone more impressive than he is and making clear that she will be an activist veep, he showed all women that he’s sincere.

From what I hear from the PUMAs, they’re going to fight to the death to elect McCain, in gratitude for him choosing such a formidable, accomplished, skilled predator with a record of leaving sexist men huddled on the floor in tears. Nobody’s ever seen anything like Palin. She makes Hillary and Boxer and all the other Beltway insiders look like bizarre life-sized wind-up toys that say and do the same thing over and over for years, without actually accomplishing anything.

Several feminists are now predicting a McCain-Palin landslide.

Here’s hoping.

Wow. No wonder, as noted yesterday by NewsBusters colleague Noel Sheppard, Obama supporter Oprah Winfrey won’t book Palin.

Cross-posted at NewsBusters.org.

1. [...] W at Pajamas Media via Bizzyblog: From what I hear from the PUMAs, they’re going to fight to the death to elect McCain, in [...]

Pingback by NixGuy.com » Women and Palin — September 6, 2008 @ 12:05 pm

2. Dude, who knew? The Republican Party is crawling with feminists who fully embrace the affirmative nature of McCain’s action.

Comment by Tony B. — September 6, 2008 @ 12:39 pm

3. #2, Dude, you get it.

What McCain did is “affirmative,” and it’s an “action.” But it’s not the detestable misnamed “affirmative action” that moves people into positions they’re not qualified for.

You don’t get to edit. :–>

Comment by TBlumer — September 6, 2008 @ 2:41 pm

4. Again, call it what you want, but there’s no way a man with Palin’s resume gets the nomination.

You linked to a post by Michael Weiss. He is troubled by Palin’s attempt to ban books in the public library, and Palin’s desire to teach creationism alongside science in the public schools. Do you share Mr. Weiss’ concerns?

From BizzyBlog: Tony B. — The book stuff is horse manure, as is the creationism argument.

Y’know, I believe you’re putting out this stuff even though you know it’s wrong; either that or you’re too lazy to do real work. I’m seriously wondering if I should allow you to further distract me. Tell me why I shouldn’t.

Comment by Tony B. — September 6, 2008 @ 3:38 pm

5. Mostly, though, they love her mad assassin’s skillz.

Tom, when I call it, I can really call it: http://conservablogs.com/publiusforum/2008/09/01/patronizing-or-pandering/

Claiming Palin is not ready to be President is sheer hypocrisy on the Democrats part since clearly Obama is even LESS qualified than Palin. What this really says is the Democrat party has been patronizing to women for years with absolutely NO intent on treating them equals. Therefore the reason why Hillary Clinton did not get the Democrat nomination is strictly due to SEXISM. It’s time for the Democrat party to fish or cut bait, EITHER women are EQUAL to men or they are SECOND CLASS CITIZENS. Which is it? John McCain and the GOP BELIEVE that WOMEN are EQUAL and this was demonstrated by his choice.

If the Dem Party is dismissing Palin as a VP candidate because McCain could drop dead at anytime, then IMO, Sarah should run as though she were running for the top spot against Obama and campaign as though Biden didn’t even exist. I call this the political pincer movement, both McCain and Palin campaigning for president against Obama. The public in effect has three choices, vote for Palin, vote for McCain and get Palin or vote for Obama, the third choice. Three distinct groups will be voting for their candidate. IMO, Biden doesn’t even have a constituency.

Comment by dscott — September 6, 2008 @ 4:22 pm

6. New Sarah Palin For President 2012 Website

Forget John McCain: We Want Sarah Palin For President in 2012

Getting ready to work for Sarah Palin, starting today at http://www.palin4pres2012.com

Comment by Ron — September 6, 2008 @ 5:04 pm

7. When will Palin quit hiding from the media and speak unscripted?

Do you know any single position Palin has on foreign policy?

Is your kind of conservative the kind that increases Wasilla’s deficit 69% or increases the bonded long-term debt from 0 to $18 million? Well, that would pretty much line up with the current GOP who love increasing debt.

Comment by Citykin — September 6, 2008 @ 6:24 pm

8. #7 — When will Obama quit hiding behind the teleprompter and speak unscripted?

Comment by TBlumer — September 6, 2008 @ 9:17 pm

9. Also #7, even if I had no idea what Gov. Palin’s policy positions were (foreign or otherwise) it would be preferable to what I do know about the horrendous policy positions of the junior senator from Illinois.

Comment by largebill — September 6, 2008 @ 10:05 pm

10. Are you serious? He has been on all the shows and answered all their questions. He has press conferences all the time. I’ll lay money that Palin won’t give one press conference in the next 60 days. I can’t believe you support someone who is so afraid to face a question. And yes she did try to get the librarian fired, she did increase Wasilla’s debt 60%, and she has never shown any interest in international affairs and has never offered any positions on any international conflicts, other than she was concerned that we had an exit strategy from Iraq. All this and you are supporting her. Why is that exactly? She ran Alaska for 20 months during huge state surpluses in the budget because of skyrocketing oil prices. She has not faced a budget crisis, she has not studied constitutional law, she has never earned more than a 150 thousand votes. She can belittle Obama all she wants, but this is a man that has earned over 18 million votes against many worthy opponents.

It is sad to see economic and military conservatives salivating over her because of her image. Is this what the GOP has become? Doesn’t look very conservative to me.

Comment by Citykin — September 6, 2008 @ 10:22 pm

11. Tom,

I got “the book stuff” and the “creationism argument” from the Michael Weiss post YOU linked to. It looks like Weiss is a PJ media cohort of yours, no? Anyway, this is HIS stuff, not mine. Did you not read his entire post at your own link? I only asked if you shared his concerns. If, in your mind, this is reason enough to ban me, go ahead. But remember, I’ve always attempted to comment honestly, accurately and respectfully.

By following your “horse manure” link, I see that Mr. Weiss has a valid concern, as Ms. Palin apparently did once inquire about eliminating books from the Wasilla Library. It also appears that there is a phony list of specific titles circulating, but neither Mr. Weiss nor I mentioned this list. So what’s your complaint?

By following your “is the creationism argument” link, I see that “As a candidate for governor, Sarah Palin called for teaching creationism alongside evolution in public schools.” But I also see she later softened her stand and has made no attempt to integrate creationism into the curriculum. Thanks for clearing up, via this second link, the confusion you caused originally by linking to the Weiss post.

#8 – When Obama is behind the teleprompter, it is often to deliver a speech he has written. He “quits hiding behind” it daily. Watch him tomorrow with Stephanopoulos. Or Monday with O’Reilly. Obama gives interviews regularly, and responds to questions from citizens and the press almost daily. Will Palin do the same?

Comment by Tony B. — September 6, 2008 @ 11:04 pm

12. I know we’re all supposed to be all excited and uppity and thrilled about her, but I just can’t get past how utterly disappointed I am in John for making the Palin pick. Sure she’s sassy, but she’s inexperienced. Sure she gave a great speech, but it turns out that it was full of exaggerations and half-truths. Sure she says all the right things about values, but she a) used her power to try to inappropriately fire a family enemy and b) she had an affair with one of her husband’s co-workers! She’s a disaster waiting to happen, and I wish John would dump her and get somebody the position deserves.

Comment by Hoover P. — September 7, 2008 @ 12:40 am

13. #11, nice try, but the topic of the post was the COMMENT, which I unfortunately couldn’t directly link to, NOT what Michael Weiss wrote.

You thus went off-topic. You are distracting me needlessly. I don’t have time for that. Suffice it to say that there is a place for noting in school somewhere, somehow, that a large minority if not the majority of people in the world believe that God created the world. We can argue about where it belongs and how it’s conveyed, but NOT providing that information appropriately is intellectually dishonest.

The library issue is colored by the fact that the seriously radical ALA believes that there is no such thing as age-appropriate material (point 5) — something no one else in any other venue believes. Anyone who questions them is labeled a book-burner.

Obama doesn’t write his own speeches, or most of them, and that’s OK. Reagan, JFK, and others didn’t either. It is a historical fact that Reagan had input in his, and sometimes went extemporaneous. Obama, if he does that, makes a fool of himself.

Please do NOT respond to this. The only reason for this comment is that I charitably let your last off-topic comment through.

Comment by TBlumer — September 7, 2008 @ 9:26 am

14. #10, I see the Obama talking points have arrived on schedule.

Sarah Poise will be fine, however the McCain campaign chooses to leverage her.

The better question, given Oprah’s decision not to interview her, is whether the rest of the media is so afraid she will do well in an unscripted setting that they will avoid booking her.

BTW, did you know that Michelle Obama had a list of off-limits topics for her most recent appearance on “The View”? Cindy McCain didn’t.

Larger point — I just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE how Team Obama is comparing the guy at the TOP of the ticket to the GOP ticket’s substantive second fiddle — and how he comes up short in almost every way. This of course concedes the argument that that guy at the top of the ticket, McCain, has experience that leaves Obama in the dust.

And whatever “experience” Obama has shows him to be a buffoon. He is such an incompetent that he couldn’t even manage a $100,000 grant for a botanical garden. Read it and weep.

Comment by TBlumer — September 7, 2008 @ 9:43 am

15. #12, Oh I am soooooo sure you’re a McCain supporter, when all you do is put out two of the most scurrilous lies about her and state them as if they’re facts. Reality:

- Palin acted right on “troopergate”

- Palin didn’t have an affair.

I don’t have time to waste proving the obvious with links.

Comment by TBlumer — September 7, 2008 @ 9:49 am

16. Obamaniacs on parade at BizzyBlog.

Hey, TB. I have it on good authority – me – that they have to put telepromters in every bathroom of the buildings in which Obama speaks in case he has to call for more toy-let paper. When is the Media going to jump on this disqualifying news?

Comment by Joe C. — September 7, 2008 @ 11:03 am

17. Oh, she did give an interview to People magazine. Good to know that the good GOP footsoldiers (#9) don’t really care what her positions are. I’m still waiting, and we will apparently keep waiting while she gets emergency training by AIPAC et al.

Comment by Citykin — September 7, 2008 @ 12:55 pm

18. #17, and after she’s done, she can instruct BOOHOO and the Pali- and terror-loving preacher who mentored him for almost 20 years.

Comment by TBlumer — September 7, 2008 @ 1:41 pm

19. People that support Palin because she’s a woman are useless to society.

Comment by Mike — September 7, 2008 @ 6:41 pm

20. #19, I would suggest that most of those who like Sarah Palin, whether or not they ultimately support her or the McCP ticket, like and support her in general because she is an accomplished woman.

Also, I assume you would also say what you said about people who don’t honor her life achievements thus far, and who won’t acknowledge her groundbreaking achievement, EVEN IF they didn’t support McCP on the ballot, when McCP wins in November ….. right?

Comment by TBlumer — September 7, 2008 @ 7:26 pm

21. The Clinton supporters are mostly a group of out touch feminists that saw their entire cynical world collapse after the introduction of Palin. They can’t believe a woman can be women, be a governor, be a wife, be a mother, be liked by men, and be hot.

This election is about getting elected and she is doing that job very well. And to the media, (including blogs), keep up the sniper trash talk. Her poll numbers continue to rise accordingly.

Comment by roberto — September 7, 2008 @ 7:39 pm

22. Proud PUMA (People United Means Action)
    and even prouder HILLICRAT voting for
    McCain/Palin 2008!

The Democrazed Party lost my vote and my
    allegiance when they tried to force feed
    an unvetted, inexperienced, morally
    corrupt, religiously questionable, racist
    who ran a misogynistic (among other angles)
    campaign against Hillary Rodham Clinton.

When ZERO loses, it will count as
    Hillary’s victory. It will have to, since
    the Democraps stole it from her and from
    us.

McCain/Palin 2008, Hillary 2012 AND 2016!

Comment by jenniforhillary — September 7, 2008 @ 7:41 pm

23. I was a charter member of NOW when it started in the early 70′s. When I discovered it was nothing more than a front for lesbianism and male castration, I bailed. I bailed from the Democratic party and feminism altogether when NOW and the Dems defended Clinton’s behavior in the White House as “just sex!” How many kids now have VD because oral sex isn’t really sex?

It is sooooo refreshing to see a woman who loves her husband and family, isn’t politically correct, doesn’t try to outman men, I am also jumping in glee. Sarah represents the quintensental woman. One who believes in herself and her ability to take control of her life. Isn’t that what the so-called feminists have been harping on all these years? Who’s the hypocrite now ladies? BTW, I also hunt, fish and am a member of the NRA!!! I guess I had better go and get a chromosone check too!

Comment by Susan — September 7, 2008 @ 8:34 pm

24. I have been a Democrat for 24 years, I am also a very strong Union member I.B.E.W. I am also a male, husband, and father of three children. I am proudly voting for John McCain and Sara Palin. Both of them have morals and I understand them when they speak. Barack Sadam Hussein Obama is all over the place when he answers a question. He looks for every possible out when answering any question. I personaly think Sara Palin is awsome. She reminds me of my wife, a loving mother, great wife, great Mayor, awsome Govenor and now the best Vise President this country has ever seen! God Bless you Sara Palin Hang in there!

Comment by HILLSBORO_OHIO_45133 — September 7, 2008 @ 9:00 pm

25. in response to qoute #10. Sara Palin had over 40 million viewers watching her slam Barack Sadam Hussein Obama. You said he got 18 million votes? Hillary Clinton had the peoples vote he had more electorial votes. Watch and learn as those 40 million people who watched Sara’ speach and the 39 million who watched John McCain’s speach elect John McCain and Sara Palin at least I hope and pray they do, I know I am voting for them and I would like for you to join me. Come on I’ll save you a seat on the McCain/Palin band wagon.

Comment by HILLSBORO_OHIO_45133 — September 7, 2008 @ 9:20 pm

26. She might be a bright and sassy Miss Alaska, but does anyone have a take as to the intense ANIMAL MAGNETISM exhibited by Gov. Palin? The PUMA women who flock to Sarah Palin most assuredly have a certain kind of sexual crush on this woman. Palin’s power over others is just so much animal magnetism, raw sex energy.

Comment by Elliott — September 7, 2008 @ 10:35 pm

27. Any woman who votes for Palin is not a true feminist.. Palin thinks the government can tell a woman what to do with her body (i.e. her stances against birth control and abortion).. Here’s a reminder of some feminist ideals from wikipedia:

“Feminism has altered predominant perspectives in a wide range of areas within Western society, ranging from culture to law. Feminist activists have campaigned for women’s legal rights (rights of contract, property rights, voting rights); for women’s right to bodily integrity and autonomy, for abortion rights, and for reproductive rights (including access to contraception and quality prenatal care); for protection from domestic violence, sexual harassment and rape; for workplace rights, including maternity leave and equal pay; and against other forms of discrimination.”

So what is it feminists? First female vice prez or overturn Roe V Wade?

Comment by Craig — September 7, 2008 @ 11:16 pm

28. “Craig,” apparently attempting to speak for ALL true feminists, apparently has not heard of Feminists for Life.

Comment by TBlumer — September 8, 2008 @ 12:22 am

29. I apologize TB, I shouldn’t speak in absolutes.

Comment by Craig — September 8, 2008 @ 10:47 am

30. #27, More dissembling for Democrats? As though Palin, Conservatives and GOP aren’t for rights of contract, property rights, voting rights, access to quality prenatal care, etc…. Feminists are in total shock that the GOP would nominate a “female” because they swallowed hook, line and sinker, the political argument and false dichotomy of the Democrat Party. Palin’s nomination as a woman for VP by a GOP candidate destroyed ALL the Democrat Party rhetorical house of cards in one fell swoop.

The Democrat Party for years have falsely proclaimed women had to accept their entire package as part and parcel with abortion, male bashing, and guilt by accusation (DV, sexual harrassment and rape). Palin laid that falsehood bare to all women. Here’s an eye opener for you, the reason why so many women and men look at feminism as bigotry, it is the outlandish treatment of their sons, brothers and husbands in the name of political correctness. Every false accusation of DV, sexual harrassment and rape made by a female and propped up by feminists and Democrats opened the eyes of a mother, sister and wife. The seminal event was the Duke LaCrosse Rape Farce orchestrated by a DEMOCRAT (Mike Nifong) pandering to the Black and Feminist political block to get re-elected. That event along with his disbarment and subsequent apology from the State of NC to the Duke boys (young college men)burned in the public’s mind that PC does not bring justice for anybody, it brings in fact the tyranny of ham handed political repression.

The public is DISGUSTED with PC pandering from false accusations of gender based guilt to refusing to drill for oil based on the chicken little fest of AGW. The fact you, the ultra left and the Democrats don’t get it makes the November elections all the more sweet.

Comment by dscott — September 8, 2008 @ 11:01 am

31. Is anybody ever going to deal with the political issues? Energy, environment, ethics, economy, health care, foreign relations, issues on which I have found 80 good reasons to vote against Sarah Palin without looking very hard.

Comment by Gentle Reader (female) — September 8, 2008 @ 1:16 pm

32. #29, it took me years to break my own habit of doing that. I’m not convinced that the majority of those who call themselves feminists are as radically proabort as Obama, who is fine with it up to partial-birth abortion and beyond.

#31, she has addressed the majority of them in her speeches, providing free-market, values-based sensible conservatives and moderates all the reason in the world to vote for her ticket.

Comment by TBlumer — September 8, 2008 @ 3:37 pm

33. #7, Palin is available for all media outlets, but Oprah won’t book her and the others are simply afraid…very afraid!!!!

Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh…

Comment by Rose — September 8, 2008 @ 4:52 pm

34. I am sooooooooooooooo happy I’m ready to jump from behind this computer and sing. John McCain already has my vote and did from the get go, but with Sarah Palin I’m ecstatic. Down with the stupid, narrow-minded ABC “Good Morning America,” who have done everything to denounce her, even to bringing her friends on board to give comments.

Any of her friends who will not vote for her are jealous and she sure doesn’t need friends like that. On to the White House with JOhn McCain, who is a dear and to Sarah Palin who is a cannonball.

Comment by Joan Merriken — September 8, 2008 @ 4:59 pm

35. #30 I understand your contempt for false accusations but I think that you’re towing a dangerous line on that topic. I’m not going to persue the topic much further because I doubt we’d come to a clean agreement anytime soon, but I think the problem you bring up isn’t confined to gender issues, it’s obviously something that comes up also with race and sexual orientation.. but you do understand there is a discrepancy still right? Can you in good faith tell me every citizen of America is granted the same rights? There shouldn’t be exceptions. If we were to reach a point where we did all have the same exact rights, and get treated the same by society, then we’d eliminate the need for these sorts of special interest groups, wouldn’t we? They are advocates, theyre not always right, but I think those people do need an extra voice. I don’t believe in affirmative action or anything like that though. I don’t believe in using discriminatory practices to combat discrimination.

You also mention the false dichotomy of the Democratic party.. can you explain a bit more what you mean? The false dichotomy between Republicans and Democrats? I don’t think you can say that the Democrats are solely responsible for that division, the Republican party does the same thing. Its us against them. And we’re spouting the same stuff here. I hope you guy are right about McCain. I’m not going to vote for him, but if he and Palin are actually going to reform their party, then I’m all for it. I think I can live with that. I just don’t believe them. I think they’re shills. And maybe I have too much faith in Obama. I doubt he will live up to the hype, but I am more in line with the ideas of Democrats, so I will vote the party, and take a chance that he can live up to his promise. Isn’t that what you’re doing? But I can’t deal with another 8 years like the Bush admin. And I don’t see enough now to distance that.

Fact of the matter is I don’t really trust anyone. I don’t think McCain has integrity, I think he’s just doing everything he can to get elected. And Obama is a bit green, and maybe there is truth to the things Republicans want us to think about him. But right now I don’t really think I can trust the Republican party to fix the mess they’ve made. If they make it into office, I will give them the chance to redeem themselves.

I think the ideas though that Obama and McCain touch upon about crossing party lines though give me hope for the U.S. in general. We need our parties to work together to get things changed, and I do think we definitely need that. So here’s to SOMEONE bringing change. They really do true to divide us in two, no shades of gray. And I feel like they get away with murder while we duke it out idealogically..

As for the AGW thing, I’m not going to say its as bad as some people make it out to be, but I certainly believe the threat of it happening is possible and we should be conscientious of protecting the earth for future generations. I think right now we act without much concern for the consequences. Theres alot we don’t know. We don’t know what things we do now will come back to haunt us. And again I find it hard to trust anyone.. scientists can be bought and sold just like any politican. But I do hope that you think we need to take measures to protect the environment, for our own sake. The drilling may not be the nail in our coffin, but I don’t believe we’re so far off from driving that nail..

Blah, I’m sure I’m just wasting my breath, but theres my two cents.

Comment by Craig — September 8, 2008 @ 9:08 pm

36. Wow! So true! I am a liberal/female/Dem and I find my eyes are finally opening. I found a loving, wonderful RNC. Palin has enough love to envelop us all. I am sick of the NOW elite telling us what womenhood should be. Steinham STFU !!
    Pro-choice for them means – my choice.
    Did you see all the stunning charitable works the McCains have done for DECADES for the needy all over the world? Well, I found the Obamas ONLY charitable donation was to Rev. Wrights very wrong church!! WoW!
    Palin fought corrupt pols and won. Obama proudly endorsed them. Sorry, Dems – you lose. Obama is an opportunistic poseur. Whoever is supporting him KNOWS he can be bought. Obamas supporters mean the USA no good either. Obama- WE SIMPLY DON’T TRUST YOU> you have shown no character- change? Just WHAT have you changed? Nothing.

Comment by Sally — September 8, 2008 @ 10:37 pm

37. [...] is a round up of what I have seen, beginning with the post which started me off looking for evidence of the sisterhood rallying around Palin: Get this: I’ve now heard dozens of [...]

Pingback by The Strata-Sphere » Is There A Tectonic Shift Occurring In America? — September 9, 2008 @ 7:32 am

38. #35, equality does not come by giving certain people extra rights to supposedly overcome the past. Any extra right or privilege comes with a price, less rights for others. Equality occurs by the individual taking up their responsibility. As long as a person views themselves as a “victim” they are not equal and therefore are a second class citizen of their own choosing. Victimhood is the false premise of the Equality of Outcome argument. The difference between a victim and a survivor is taking individual responsibility for the outcome. To put it simply, a victim does not have any responsibility for the situation they are experiencing, whereas a survivor seeks to overcome their situation regardless how they got into it. As long as you treat a person as a victim, you enable them not to take individual responsibility. Victimhood is not to be confused with parents taking responsibility for children as liberals are wont to do. The role of a parent is to prepare a child for adulthood because children by their nature are learning to become adults, i.e. responsible for their actions, therefore parents must be responsible to make decisions for their children until that time comes when they (child) demonstrate responsibility.

The false dichotomy of the Dem Party in regards to women I have already said, “The Democrat Party for years have falsely proclaimed women had to accept their entire package as part and parcel with abortion, male bashing, and guilt by accusation…” It is a false dichotomy to believe that in order to be equal you have to choose abortion, you have to choose to bash males and you have to have a double standard in the legal system of guilt by accusation.

Claiming the choice of abortion makes a woman equal to a man is an obfuscation, as it means taking the life (denying their rights) of a third party and the refusal to be responsible for the outcome of one’s actions. The false premise of abortion is that you have a right to do with your body as you please. That is a false narcissistic premise, I as a man don’t have the right to cut off my arm, leg, fingers, etc. I don’t have the right to use drugs, I don’t have the right to kill myself even though it’s my own body. Narcissim is not a right, it is a demonstation of irresponsibility. Abortion as a means of birth control is the most irresponsible act a person can do.

Bashing males as predators, oafs, neanderthals, etc. does not make up for past injustices women have experienced, it only reinforces a second class status as a victim. Hate is not a family value and bashing or demeaning males is hate. Continued grievance making over the past does not bring peace or respect it only reinforces the past at the expense of the future.

I hope you haven’t conveniently forgotten the NOW feminist meme of “a woman has a right to be believed”, we say a “woman has a right to be taken seriously and her claims investigated”. The difference between those two statements is summed up by first as “guilt by accusation” versus “innocent until proven guilty”. Ask the Duke LaCrosse boys about that nuance and look at the behavior of the Duke teaching staff.

As far as not trusting McCain, that’s a personal choice or failing on your part. You sound like you are more playing the false moral equivalence game where you lower the rational alternatives of the devil you don’t know (McCain) to justify chosing the devil you do know (Obama). I personally don’t care for McCain’s less than stellar record of “maverick”, i.e. not a team player as far as the GOP is concerned. However, he like all politicians is sensitive to pressure. The issue is how many points of contention are we the public forced to contend with in any given politician? With Obama, it’s virtually every point since his track record over the last year has been an unending series of flip-flops. He has no principles, he is just trying to tell the most people what they want to hear to get elected. McCain on the other hand has a set of principles and will follow through on them, however, conservatives are in disagreement over 3 issues with him, so the question becomes will he promise not to do what we don’t want him to do. http://conservablogs.com/publiusforum/2008/08/30/john-mccain-and-the-gop-base/

Now if you’re objection to McCain is he doesn’t represent your views, fine vote for someone else. That’s the essence of a Republic, finding a leader who represents most of your views. A Republic is NOT where a leader does as he/she sees fit in defiance of those he/she leads as in an elistist meritocracy. The difference between a Republic and Meritocracy/dictatorship is the consent of the governed.

Comment by dscott — September 9, 2008 @ 1:19 pm