June 9, 2009

God Bless Lou Pritchett

The former P&G Vice President and now “change agent” in the real world recently sent a letter to the NY Times that wasn’t printed or published online (to be clear, even though bandwidth is cheap, that failure in and of itself is not an outrage).

Apparently he was determined that his sentiments be heard. Though I don’t agree with him on every point, he has more than enough good ones that I am pleased to assist in that effort (copies are also here and here):

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA
By Lou Pritchett

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don’t understand it at its core.

You scare me because you lack humility and ‘class’, always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the ‘blame America’ crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer ‘wind mills’ to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use ‘extortion’ tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O’Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Lou Pritchett

Note: Lou Pritchett is a former vice president of Procter & Gamble whose career at that company spanned 36 years before his retirement in 1989, and he is the author of the 1995 business book, Stop Paddling & Start Rocking the Boat.

1. I do agree with him on every point and I say bravo!

Comment by zf — June 9, 2009 @ 2:11 pm

2. Exactly the points I make to friends & family. The fact we know NOTHING about this man is scary.

Comment by Becbeq — June 9, 2009 @ 4:19 pm

3. I am not a terribly political person, I’m mainly middle of the road on a lot of issues, but when I read something that is just so full of complete non truths, I have to speak out – People in this country are too easily swayed when they read crazy things like this – I’m only writing to let them know the other side on some things, or at least offer up an answer or two for you so you may go about your life, not being so “scared”

OK – First, Last time I checked Hawaii is an “American” state…so, you’re wrong on that one. (He was out of the country from age 6-10)

Second – If you would take the time to educate yourself on the man – there is tons of information on him. So the fact that you’re so scared because you do not know anything, is by choice.

Third – On how he paid for his Ivy league education – Student loans and with the help of his mother and grandparents, which he paid back.
    Another tidbit of info for you – He graduated at the top of his class. And unlike McCain he didn’t graduate in the bottom 5%.

Lack humility & class…seriously? There are so many articles commenting on Obama’s humility, probably one of the reasons he chose to turn down higher paying “upper side” jobs to be able to continue to help more middle & lower class neighborhoods for many years.
    Also – As a couple, the Obama’s have chosen to use non-traditional decorators, using a fraction of the cost of what other presidents & their wives have used to re-decorate the white house, they also wear very moderately priced clothing. (Unlike Palin’s $150,000 shopping spree)

And last, Do you really want to bring up Limbaugh?? After some of the insanity he has been spewing lately? Calling for riots in one of our major cities – Hoping to see the city burning like in the past. It’s well documented that even the most conservative of the republicans are distancing themselves from ol’ Rush.

If time permitted I’m sure I could continue to pick apart more of your “scary” thoughts. Bottom line is, this country is at it’s lowest point, after 8 years of someone else’s administration – It has been placed in the lap of President Obama – all we can do is see where we stand in 4 years, maybe we’ll be better off, maybe not. No other president has hit the ground running like he has, or has faced such an uphill battle – Only time will tell.

Comment by Beth6568 — June 9, 2009 @ 4:51 pm

4. Beth, get back on your meds, sweetie, you’re hallucinating again.

Comment by Rose — June 9, 2009 @ 6:09 pm

5. Thanks, Beth, for your “not terribly political” repsonse.

You’re so “not terribly political” that you know about obscure things like where McCain allegedly finished in his graduating class, Palin’s clothes, the Obamas’ taste decorating the WH, and Barack’s unselfishness as a community organizer (guess you’ve never heard of the psychic income an alienated person who hates his country gets from sticking it to the supposed “power structure”).

And please, PROVE your charge that Rush has ever “called for riots in one of our major cities – Hoping to see the city burning like in the past.” I’m all ears, just like the President.

I look forward to more “not terribly political” responses from posers like you.

Comment by TBlumer — June 9, 2009 @ 11:02 pm

6. Beth is a good example of the careless thinking and mindless lemming-like attitude that has lead to a disaster like Obama in the White House. Obama inherited a serious recession and HIS policies and HIS alone are quickly turning it into a depression. HIS policies have unemployment at 9.4% (and soon to go much high), HIS spending has quickly changed an $800 billion deficit to one of $3 trillion, under Obama revenue to the treasury is down 43% — and we have not even touched on the fact that with Obama the US president is now seen as a “weaking”. For this reason I have no doubt that terrorists have been emboldened and that the country will pay a serious price for such an naive, reckless, igornant, and narcissistic ideolog as POTUS. Beth is still stuck on let’s blame Bush — wake up Beth and try to get new line please.

Comment by Fargo44 — June 10, 2009 @ 6:23 am

7. Here is a Twitter profile of Beth6568. “Not terribly political” my a**. Reminds me of the lying libs who live around the corner from where I grew up. Every 4 years, some local newby reporter would fall for their “I’m a lifelong Republican but this time I am voting for {Democrat}.” While they are registered Republicans, every single year they have nothing but DemocRAT signs in their yard. It was the only yard I ever saw with a Mondale sign in 84 when I was 10. They get away with it every single cycle. In case you’re wondering, both are retired public school employees.

Comment by Michael — June 10, 2009 @ 9:13 am

8. http://twitter.com/beth6568 Here’s the twitter link. Being a fan of Ellen deGeneres and The View may be coloring Beth’s misperceptions.

Comment by Michael — June 10, 2009 @ 10:23 am

9. [...] hero (Lou Pritchett, a former vice president of Procter & Gamble), was inspired to write an OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA that is also well worth reading. Mut’s Money Quote: Finally, you scare me because if you [...]

Pingback by Lessons from The Daily Racing Form « Temple of Mut — June 10, 2009 @ 12:11 pm

10. Shep Smith calls it, but Bizzy probably won’t let you see it:

Comment by Tony B. — June 10, 2009 @ 11:29 pm

11. #10, Shep needs to increase the lithium dosage. He obviously doesn’t read Michelle Malkin’s hate mail.

Is there a substantive comment in your future?

The difference is that the Left’s “hate-mailers” actually work in the press (see Playboy blogger, Keith Olbmermann, etc.).

Comment by TBlumer — June 11, 2009 @ 8:25 am

12. To “TBlumer – Can’t wait to get on my home computer so I can post the link of Rush, so you can see it first hand. In fact, there are several of his links I will post….quite hillarious, actually! If impatience gets the best of you, just go on YouTube & look for “Rush calling for riots”…not hard to find.

To “Michael” – I’m new to twitter and tried to get plugged in to a few high traffic sites or ones that may be interesting – I follow Limbaugh for a good laugh, and the reason I follow the View is because I can’t wait to see if the blonde conservative is actually as stupid as I’ve heard and seen clips of. (SHE IS!!!) I follow Ellen because she is one of the funniest people on this earth, and I follow Rachel Maddow because she is brilliant – and shines a spotlight on the idiots out there! Everyone should tune into her show just once and see what I mean.
    (and, btw, everything I stated was a fact, no misperceptions here : )

Comment by Beth — June 11, 2009 @ 12:40 pm

13. #12, Beth, I can’t wait for you to try to make your “not terribly political” propagandist points.

Comment by TBlumer — June 11, 2009 @ 3:10 pm

14. AN OPEN LETTER TO LOU PRITCHETT

You are the umpteenth conservative I’ve had to listen to over my life and just like Nixon you truly scare me.

You scare me because no one knows you and yet many will believe your propaganda letter. Our President wrote two books about himself if you want to know him.

You scare me because you didn’t read his books, which is what gave him royalties to pay off his and Michelle’s student loans. That upscale lifestyle you speak was their annual income of $430,000 in which 62% of it was Michelle’s (265,000). The remainder was his senate salary. This is public knowledge by the way.

You scare me to think that Hawaii is not culturally American, which is where he spent his life from birth to the age of six, in which his mother made the decision to move to Indonesia until returning years later. He came back to Hawaii for high school. Please don’t refer to him as not being culturally American because his mother chooses to leave and come back while he was six.

You scare me Lou because you believe that running a company and payroll will help us in mess brought on by the CEO’s from corporate America who are really gifted when it comes to payroll and CEO salaries.

You scare me to think that a man must have military experience to lead the military, I would like to tell you about the greatness of both the Adams and Jefferson and what they have done for this country with no military background, but let’s look at two modern ones- Wilson and FDR, hmmmm, I think those two might have helped us win a couple WORLD WARS!!!! With no Military background I wonder how they did that? You also scare me because you don’t realize Barrack’s grandfather joined the U.S. troops when we were attacked at Pearl Harbor when FDR called on him, who by the way helped raise him in Hawaii, I think his grandfather would have installed some American culture by this example alone.

You scare me to think that our President lacks humility and class while blaming others. Let’s see a direct quote “I screwed up” – President Barrack Obama in regards to his Daschle appointment. Well that seems pretty humble to me.

You scare me to think that there’s a correlation between a man who bombed buildings when Barrack was eight years old and decades later when they serve on the same educational board. Now he has ties to domestic terrorism! Really! I mean really? Come on; do better than that correlation to that old hippie Bill Ayers. Let’s see what the President said on YOUR Bill O’Reily show on 9-9-08 SEN. OBAMA: “This guy is not part of my campaign. He’s not some adviser of mine. He is somebody who worked on education issues in Chicago that I know. The problem that your viewers, your guys, your folks, the folks you champion, the problem you’re going through, the problems they’re going through with trying to pay their bills, trying to keep their job, trying to move up in this world, their problem isn’t Bill Ayers. It was Bill Ayers 40 years ago when he was blowing stuff up.” Do you know Lou how many men served along side Timothy Mcveigh in the U.S. Military, hundreds of thousands and all those troops are now terrorist associates right. Sounds a little far fetched.

You scare me to think that America’s never wrong and that admitting to doing wrong is in some sort of way unpatriotic, read some of Thomas Jefferson’s writings if you want to see how an intelligent man views a hypocritical country he’s trying to run when he himself is of moral integrity. We have made mistakes and it is ok to say sorry. The Nazi’s and Soviets thought they too were always right and I think history has proved them wrong when it comes to such arrogance. Such arrogance will never be respected let alone trusted.

You scare me to think that our President actually had a choice when it came to bailing out these fortune 500 companies that had failed miserable at the hands of the Bush administration economic policies that ran amuck along with the housing market. No one wants socialism, but you can’t let corporate mistakes ruin the whole country or even the world economy for that matter.

You scare me to think that you think the Health care system doesn’t need a complete overhaul. Everyone knows that, even the Republicans are trying their own health care reform bill. What actually scares me is that you probably don’t know anyone who has never had health insurance let alone watching your mother die while worrying about her own bills. Again President Obama- “For my mother to die of cancer at the age of 53 and have to spend the last months of her life in the hospital room arguing with insurance companies because they’re saying that this may be a pre-existing condition and they don’t have to pay her treatment, there’s something fundamentally wrong about that”. It scares me to think that you have no empathy for such people nor will you ever understand. Someone has to get involved or some of us will parish under the current system. Do you know that government health care has already been successful throughout Europe and our sister country Canada, why do we have to be behind the times with our medical care?

You scare me tremendously when you say that oil and other old sources of fuel that is untapped in this country and cause global warming are in preference of windmills. Okay? Based on what? Profits? Well then yes, anything else is destroying our planet. Again the world’s most renowned scientists all agree on this consistently already.

You scare me to think that President Obama is killing the golden goose, Bush administration has already been there, done that. AIG, Fannie Mae, and Freddy Mac have already inflated and killed the American Dream for the millions of Americans who now can’t pay their mortgage.

You scare me when you think the banks are being extorted. Read anything regarding the corruptness of the Federal Reserve and then talk to me about extortion and banks, they have extorted us throughout history and always will.

You scare me to think that the democrats don’t worry about how much it is going to cost us to clean up the Bush mess, billions is nothing when we start talking trillions. We all suffer now from your fear.

You scare me when you think that he doesn’t listen to intelligent opposition, yet he has appointed many republicans alongside of himself including John Mccue, the veteran congressman from upstate New York who joins his former colleague from Illinois, Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood , and Utah Gov. Jon Hunstman , the ambassador-designate to China, are among the ranks of Republicans in the Obama administration, a list that nearly included New Hampshire Sen. Judd Gregg as Commerce Secretary. He even kept one of Bush’s cabinet memebers with Robert Gates as Secatary of Defense.

You scare the crap out of me when you think that President Obama believes he all-powerful and infinitely wise. When did he declare himself the second coming? Just because Oprah thinks he is the “ONE” doesn’t mean he does. Please stop twisting and believing everything Rush tells you. Again does the all-knowing ever say, “I screwed up”.

You scare me to think that the press gives him a free pass on everything. The media in itself is just one thing that has been wrong with this country for decades and now you blame our President today. The media is a puppet and some people have always known that and the first President to acknowledge that and use it to their advantage was a great republican I’m sure you idolize by the name of Ronald Reagan. In On Bended Knee, a book about the press and Reagan based on interviews with scores of journalists, news executives and Administration officials; there are numerous cases of self-censorship. The management of CBS News, allegedly the most liberal of America’s TV networks, ordered its Washington bureau-in particular White House correspondent Lesley Stahl-to tone down criticism of Reagan because ordinary Americans supposedly didn’t want to hear it. At the New York Times, correspondent Raymond Bonner was pulled off the Central America beat after his expose of a civilian massacre by US-trained forces in El Salvador angered Administration officials and their right-wing allies at the Wall Street Journal editorial page. A camera crew for ABC News filmed troops on their way to Grenada and got confirmation of the impending invasion from US officials in the region, but their executive producer in New York trusted an off-the-record denial by the Pentagon more than his own reporters and killed the story. He had the nickname Teflon Ron in this regard, what about the man who invented this game Lou?

You scare me to think that Limbaugh and O’Reily are not already looked upon as demons and propagandist among the majority of people in this country. They only sell seeds of hate and mistrust that leads ignorance to become rampant among the religious right. If Obama thinks that then why did he go on Bill’s show? They will have you believe that they are the ones being ousted and the mainstream media is on par with that “ Elite Black guy”. We know this already by them blaming then nominee Obama for the stock market crash in November before the election even started! Some intelligent people realize that President Obama did not have anything to do with the collapse of the U.S. economy and voted for him. Some don’t, and then again some people blame all Jews for the death of Jesus. When you go to Rush Limbaugh who was fired for racist comment regarding a black quarterback (Donovan Mcnabb) for your information, then expect to think like bigot if you listen to one.

You scare me because you prefer hate instead of common sense. When will you realize that your bipartisan right wing conservatism hate is a thing of the past? The people already know and have spoken. We DON’T believe you. We don’t believe in your fear that has already crippled the whole country since 9/11. We don’t believe in your fear of our first black president because he’s our first black president. Do you honestly think that we believe him to be an unknown, elite, un-American, financially inept, classless, terrorist sympathizer, who hates America but loves Europe and is also a corporate killing, socialist, extorter, who doesn’t listen to intelligent people like Rush Limbaugh because he thinks that he is Jesus Christ. Get a grip Lou! We don’t and never will believe in your fear, FDR has already warned us of your hate mongers and even stopped one by the name of Adolph while warning of another by the name of Joseph. When will we learn our lessons of fear mongering that you use are the same as Hitler used in scaring the German people that the Jews were out to get them? The same fear that drove Stalin to kill millions of innocent people. You either do not know history or you do and if you do my dear sir it is truly scary.

Finally, you scare me because some people will actually never read my letter and only yours. When do we have a world in which fear does not reign over freedom? When will all men and women be created equally in your eyes and those that believe your letter? When will the hate stop? When will the lies cease to exist? When will your children and mine be able to base people on there merits and not the words of others. When will we as one nation under God be just that? When? Hopefully soon because you are truly SCARING THE HELL OUT OF ME!

P.S. I know my letter is a little longer, but that happens when you include some facts in trying to tell someone that they no longer have to be afraid of the “Elite Black Devil”, he just might be good person after all. By the way the ones who should be really scared are the republicans. Letters like his is what killed your party and made it into a Southern Political Machine with no sign of any hope. Did I say HOPE? Cause now I finally have some! Oh yeah this letter doesn’t have to be initially anonymous either!

Timothy Carroll

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself!!!!!!

-FDR

Comment by Tim Carroll — June 11, 2009 @ 3:37 pm

15. #14, Wow. So many lies, so little time …. but at least you had your catharsis.

Thank you for posting all of your lies in one place for easy future reference.

Oh, and God bless Lou Pritchett.

Comment by TBlumer — June 11, 2009 @ 3:48 pm

16. Well, Mr. Carroll, I will surely do my part to distribute YOUR letter as much as I possibly can…where I lacked in words, you surely picked up! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!! THANK YOU!!!

Comment by Beth — June 11, 2009 @ 3:56 pm

17. P.S. (Isn’t funny…when they have no legitimate answer to the FACTS…and come back with their little insults?) So amusing…lol

Comment by Beth — June 11, 2009 @ 4:01 pm

18. Beth:

I have answers for the few facts presented (most are unfounded exercises in name-calling).

Here are just two.

Bill Ayers didn’t just bomb buildings, he more than likely killed a police officer.

Or are the cops part of the lying conspiracy too?

And Barack Obama isn’t even African-American, let alone an “Elite Black guy.”

Most of the rest of Mr. Carroll’s attempts at “facts” consist of immature name-calling or lazy, incorrect, tired assertions (note the lack of links).

You can debunk the rest yourself, if you have the courage, but I won’t do all of your “not terribly political” work for you.

Comment by TBlumer — June 11, 2009 @ 4:53 pm

19. After 8 years of George Bush, nothing scares me anymore. I have lived through the wars, record deficiets, torture, wire taps, “Brownie”, and I thank Mr Carroll. Well done!

Comment by M Markie — June 11, 2009 @ 4:56 pm

20. #19, How does it feel that Obama still has wars, has broken all deficit records with four months still remaining in the fiscal year, is still doing wire taps, and isn’t committing torture (just like Bush wasn’t)?

If Bush scared you, you haven’t seen anything yet — once you open your eyes.

Comment by TBlumer — June 11, 2009 @ 10:32 pm

21. Poor Beth. Take Nancy Reagan’s advice and just say no!!!

Comment by rjjrdq — June 14, 2009 @ 5:43 am

22. [...] Apparently, this thing has gone viral. Go figure. AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA By Lou Pritchett [...]

Pingback by An Open Letter To President Obama « rjjrdq’s America II — June 14, 2009 @ 5:53 am

23. LOL…Like I said before – Isn’t it funny – When they have absolutely NO argument, NO rebuttal….not even a witty comeback….They resort to childish insults….Even the great “TBlumer” could only respond to a couple points after Mr. Carroll’s lengthy, very detailed, very fact supplying letter…all goes to show – who is armed with facts here…and who is….well….immature and too lazy to educate themselves with the TRUTH.

Comment by Beth — June 16, 2009 @ 9:17 am

24. #23, Dearest “not terribly political” (lying through her teeth) Beth –

I easily rebutted two of Carroll’s points, which, since YOU haven’t rebutted THEM, I must assume you are now AGREEING with me.

And what about ….

You (Beth) can debunk the rest yourself, if you have the courage, but I won’t do all of your “not terribly political” work for you.

….. didn’t you understand?

I forgot; you’re a “not terribly political” leftist, making you likely allergic to work.

But thanks, “not terribly political” Beth, for tacitly acknowledging my successful rebuttals — namely that your President is okay with a long-term political and business relationship with a guy who more than likely killed a police officer, and that your president really isn’t African-American.

That’s enough to expose you as the “not terribly political” fool that you really are.

Game, set, and match, babe.

Comment by TBlumer — June 16, 2009 @ 9:53 am

25. The reason Beth “feels” there are no facts presented as rebuttal is b/c like most liberal, politicos, she wouldn’t know a fact (truth or logic for that matter) if they fell on her.

Libs feel, they don’t think. It’s the new math (2+2=4), drives ‘em crazy.

Comment by Rose — June 16, 2009 @ 10:24 am

26. To those who are so proud of having a black president: Has it ever occurred to you that Obama does not have a drop of American black blood in him?

While we are busy name-calling and being outraged about this, that, and the other, our government is speedily, and quietly, inserting itself into all aspects of our lives.
    When you wake up and realize that, it will be a done deal and I think, no matter what party you espouse, you won’t like it.

Comment by Irene Mix — June 17, 2009 @ 8:32 am

27. Personally speaking, I could care less what color the man is, what % of his heritage is this…what % is that….Who cares?!?…I’m just thankful we finally have someone that actually has some sense. Maybe he can FIX everything Bush screwed up! :)

Comment by Beth — June 17, 2009 @ 2:31 pm

28. #27, you cared before, you can’t back out now.

Comment by TBlumer — June 17, 2009 @ 4:42 pm

29. I did????…Strange that YOU would know or even presume that….Never heard ME mention race before!….???

Comment by Beth — June 17, 2009 @ 5:57 pm

30. #29, you endorsed Mr. Carroll’s screed. Thus you cared, and you can’t back out now. QED.

Comment by TBlumer — June 17, 2009 @ 10:56 pm

31. I endorsed Mr. Carroll’s letter because he summed everything up perfectly and was very well spoken – I do however think it’s a great thing that this country has come far enough along to put a “man of color” or however you’d like it worded, in the White House. I do not think he was voted in because people wanted a “black man” in office – I think they saw he was an intelligent man, with some new ideas, and not afraid to make some needed changes. Race is not an issue.

Comment by Beth — June 18, 2009 @ 9:29 am

32. Lou Pritchett ….one of the few American Heroes that is willing to speak up in the face of soft Tyranny….soon to become total control by a Madman in an empty suit….as well as a crazy woman as speaker of the House.

Lou, I watched you on Neal Kavuto’s show today, 6/18…and I am so proud of you! Where the heck are your peers?! Where are their voices…I cannot believe they are throwing away their rights and spitting on Capitalism ( and all of us)that made them and their companies successful and NOT STANDING UP AGAINST THESE PEOPLE! I AM ONE OF THOSE SCARED AMERICAN WOMEN WHO HAVE KIDS, GRANDKIDS AND I WILL JOIN ANY REVOLUTION AGAINST THESE CREEPS TO RETAIN OUR LIBERTY. I LOVE MY COUNTRY AS YOU DO…SPEAK UP OUT THERE AND ANY JOURNALISTS WITH BAL.S PLEASE JOIN US IN UNVEILING THE TRUE AGENDA OF THESE MADMEN! THANK YOU LOU! Keep it up!!

Comment by Sue, a scared Patriot — June 18, 2009 @ 4:29 pm

33. As the saying goes; No truer words have even been spoken. I agree totally and am thankful that there is a public figure who has the fortitude to say what he and so many of us think and feel.

Comment by Pamela Wollenberg — June 18, 2009 @ 4:35 pm

34. Wow…I had a friend of mine tell me the other day…to quit wasting my time on here…That you folks are so set in your ways, and do nothing but…use hysteria and fear of change to put down the current administration. (#32 totally proved his comment to be dead on!)
    Lou Pritchett….American hero?…If he’s a hero, thats pretty darn sad!!…He’s too lazy (or maybe just to damn old)to get his facts straight. I guess you could say he does have some balls…having the nerve to actually put that much nonsense in writing!!

Comment by Beth — June 18, 2009 @ 11:00 pm

35. #34, –

He’s too lazy (or maybe just to damn old)to get his facts straight.

It’s much more likely that Lou Pritchett has forgotten more than you, the hypocritical “not terribly political” one, will ever know — and still at his “*too* old” age knows infinitely more than you’ll ever know.

Comment by TBlumer — June 18, 2009 @ 11:09 pm

36. #35

Instead of spending your time putting down someone for having an opinion that differs from yours, why not explain to all of us exactly how it is all of the problems of the depressed economy and cultural instability should be addressed. Perhaps we should vote for you for president next election.

Comment by llewis — June 19, 2009 @ 7:37 am

37. #36, I have every right to defend my readership, which is what Beth is pathetically putting down. And you obviously haven’t read much here. And I’m not running for president.

Comment by TBlumer — June 19, 2009 @ 7:49 am

38. #37 Thank God you’re not – Would be pointless anyway. The ultra conservative, old school, racist, types like you, Pritchett & Sue, the “scared patriot”…are the last of a dying breed – The country has spoken, we are ready for change – Time to kick the old good ol’ boy way of thinking out, and in with the new. So sorry to break it to you, but in the real world (not this little close-minded blog)You’re the minority, “Babe”

Comment by Beth — June 19, 2009 @ 8:39 am

39. #38, Beth. There is not a racist word from anyone you’re referring to. You’re now proven to be an immature name-caller.

It only proves that “bigot” and “racist are words lefties, esp hypocritical ones pretending at first to be “not terribly political,” use when they’re losing the argument and/or are out of arguments.

As to who’s in the minority, it isn’t sensible, constitutional conservatism. It’s your puny 21%. Your guy just did an exceptional job fooling the electorate.

Comment by TBlumer — June 19, 2009 @ 9:13 am