(Apologies for the vid quality; the original was an old Real Player file. Also, a warning: If you’re sane, sitting through the whole vid may cause your head to explode.)
Text of Van Jones remarks:
- “It’s the bombs that the government has been dropping around the world that are now blowing up inside the U.S. borders.”
- “We’ve got something stronger than bombs, we have solidarity. That dream of revolutionary change is stronger than bombs.”
That second item sounds a bit like someone who occupies the White House, doesn’t it?
No wonder Jones resigned just after midnight on Sunday, mere hours after Powerline spilled the beans about what Jones said at this event.
Also, at about the 3:05 mark, someone who may have been the inspiration for Obama pastor Jeremiah Wright’s sermon (at 2:10 through 2:45 of the video at the link) the next Sunday, talked of “chickens comin’ home to roost.” Imagine that.
Other video lowlights (statements made by others):
- (0:33) “…. use this time to show that we’re really upset about all the violence that is goin’ down not only in New York, but also the violence goin’ down around the world, and that the United States was founded on this kind of terrorism, and it still continues today.”
- (1:10) “We also want to be angry, and allow ourselves to feel that anger and that rage for those stolen lives. We want to also understand though, that those lives were lost because of our government’s inhumane foreign policy. And we should be angry, we should be p***ed off, that what our government does around rest of the world that leads us not to be safe here. That’s what we should be angry at ….”
- (4:10) “But when we knew what those places represented, we were kind of also glad that there’s a place called the Pentagon where, where, military strategies which have killed millions of people around the face of the world (unintelligible). We know, to see that place burnin’, there was some satisfaction to it.”