“Everyone in this room knows what will happen if we do nothing,” says the guy who’s committed to doing nothing about social security, Medicare, and the mind-bogglingly enormous deficits that promise fiscal catastrophe in the years ahead while he saddles America with yet another red-ink-bleeding government program. Note well: He’s actually promoting a plan that will lead to health-care rationing as a way to prolong Americans’ lives. We’re living your dream, Orwell.
The still of the vid at Hot Air captures what looks to be our Punk President at the height of a sizzling seethe.
Several years ago, a guy named Joe Wilson was the hero of the press when he falsely and serially claimed that now-proven truth-teller George W. Bush was lying when he said that ”The British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa.”
As we now know from the Butler report, the “16 words” were true, and doubly so.
He was wrong to have done so when he did, and should be sorry about losing control.
He can’t possibly be sorry about what he said because the claim that Obama made — that health care “reform” as currently envisioned in the legislation that is known would not cover illiegal immigrants — is objectively false.
As to whether Congressman Wilson shouted “You Lie!” or “Liar,” Obama has told so many lies about health care “reform” legislation alone that quibbling about which word Wilson used is a distinction without a difference.
As Doug Ross has succinctly pointed out, for Barack Obama to be telling the truth, you have to believe that each and every one of the following are all lying:
- The Congressional Budget Office (in five different instances).
- Senator Robert Menendez and .
- La Raza.
- Obama himself, in previous years, in several ways, not the least of which is his previous video-captured support for a single-payer system.
I would also add to Doug’s list, in reference to the lie that abortion coverage is not in health care “reform” legislation”:
- Every pro-life organization and publication that I’m aware of that has read various versions of proposed legislation says it is.
- The Associated Press says it is.
- Roughly one dozen Democratic congresspersons on Matt Drudge’s list of supposed health care “reform” opponents in essence acknowledged in a June 25 letter that abortion coverage is in proposed legislation as it currently exists.
Update: Michelle Malkin –
But it was Obama who said himself in the speech: “If you misrepresent what’s in the plan, we will call you out.”
That’s what Joe Wilson was doing, wasn’t it?
Ousted “green jobs czar,” 9/11 Truther and 9/11 “Deserver” Van Jones named the Center after someone who “was so pro-Communist that she attacked Hubert Humphrey and other liberal anti-Communists as ultra reactionaries. Known as the “grandmother of SNCC (the laughably misnamed Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee),” Baker was aligned with those in the movement who were trying to push the organization to the far left.”