March 25, 2010

DeWine & ORPINO (Ohio Republican Party In Name Only) Punish Reps Who Endorse Seth Morgan…

Filed under: Activism,Taxes & Government — Rose @ 12:00 pm

Via an emailer (link inserts are mine):

Friends,

Do you remember how the Ohio Republican Party rushed & duped [some of] the State Central Committee members to endorse Dave Yost against already-announced, conservative Seth Morgan for Auditor? And remember how [most] of the committee rubber-stamped it without even speaking to Seth Morgan?

Well, I had heard a rumor that the boys (DeWine, Husted & the ORP) were also punishing any elected officials who have, after vetting both candidates, endorsed Seth Morgan. (Do you see the “do as I say not as I do” paradigm at work here)?

That rumor was confirmed last night when two [conservative] State Reps told me that they were – among other things – being denied the use of bulk rate postage for their campaigns, specifically because they endorsed Seth Morgan. This is a resource to which all incumbents normally have access, so who knows what’s next.

This is of course (and again) wrong and should be admonished by everyone…especially by those who blindly chose to endorse in that race w/o speaking to BOTH candidates (the SCC vote was arranged as an up or down vote on Yost only). Really it says more about them (State Central Committee members, State Senators & County Auditors, etc.), than it does the corrupt, nepotistic Nancy’s at the ORP.

I have confirmed this with one of the State Reps and find this outrageous.

Let’s make sure we send a clear message in May and November. Namely, that we’re not going to vote for just any “R;” rather the R’s who deserve and earn our votes (Josh Mandel, Seth Morgan). That is the only way to correct their unacceptable behavior and encourage their redemption. If they don’t follow our lead, then they will “Whig Out” of existence as we start the arduous task of building a 3rd party.

The ball is in their court (so at least they have half a pair with which to start…).

_____________________________________________

UPDATE: More detail is at RightOhio, who posted on this at about 11:30 a.m.

1. Well I guess this post about the battle lines being drawn was even more right than I thought.

Comment by TBlumer — March 25, 2010 @ 12:07 pm

2. After reading this, I’m glad that I voted NO on Dave Yost’s endorsement for State Auditor.
    Hey, I want to talk to any State Rep that is being barred from using the Ohio GOP bulk mail permit. The ORP says that it’s not true.

Comment by BeckerGOP — March 25, 2010 @ 12:59 pm

3. It’s too soon to start talk of a third party. Conservative GOPers united with TPers can muscle the establishment GOP back to core conservative values if we are united and work together. But it won’t happen overnite. Let’s face off against the RINOs first in May and then the Deem-ocrats in November. Third party talk at this stage weakens the GOP and translates into Dem/lib victories in November. None of us want that.

Comment by Excelsior — March 25, 2010 @ 2:11 pm

4. This has all the makings of a great plot for a daytime soap opera, but the problem is Ohio is in the midst of a depression and a small minority of socialists have gotten control of the state, and is in more places than we realize, and are leading us deeper down the hole and yet all these ass-hats in the ORP can think about is silly little power games.

There are two lessons that can be considered a useful learning tool for many who still follow the ORPs lead, certainly there are many more but I’ll offer these two for now.
    1. Never vote for a candidate (or for that matter party official) that is fresh out of collage and has never made his or her way in life. Why would anyone one vote for someone that has no track record nor held a real job?
    2. If rule number one is violated, stop voting for the candidate that has spent his or her whole adult life in politics and has never made their way outside of government. Why would someone vote for a politician that has never held a real job and most likely can’t?

I believe if those two simple rules have been followed by the last three generations of Ohio Republican voters, we would not be having this discussion about DeWhine, Yost, and Morgan; and we wouldn’t be in the midst of a depression.

Comment by Brian — March 25, 2010 @ 2:43 pm

5. #2 John, there are TWO people standing by their story (Rose and Matt at RightOhio).

UPDATE, 4:10 p.m.: I see the ORP response as reported by Matt at RightOhio as of 3:45 p.m. as a non-denial denial.

Comment by TBlumer — March 25, 2010 @ 3:55 pm

6. #2,I’m not burning my source to allow you or anyone else at the ORP to discredt them. It wouldn’t be the “honorable” thing to do. Here is the list of State Reps that endorsed Morgan, have at it. http://www.bizzyblog.com/2010/03/01/ohio-reps-endorse-seth-morgan/

Not sure what you’ll get as Kevin has already called to make nice under the old “it was all a misunderstanding” ruse.

#3, I don’t strongly disagree, just tell me…how long? Wycliffe, Luther, Huss, et.al didn’t want to leave the Catholic Church either…had our leadership given them credence, we wouldn’t have 8 gozillion denominations.

#5, DeWine’s letter pre-dates the Rep’s endorsement and my guess is that the support for Hite was contingent upon the support (he’s in big trouble for voting for the uber liberal HB 176, the state version of ENDA).

Comment by Rose — March 25, 2010 @ 6:24 pm

7. [...] demonstrated threats of reprisals against those who don’t toe the line, and their willingness to carry out said threats. No one can know if any of these endorsements were made by the people involved of [...]

Pingback by BizzyBlog — March 26, 2010 @ 12:58 pm

8. #6, The answer: as long as it takes. There is not enough popular support for a viable third party. You and I both remember that hand grenade with a bad haircut, Ross Perot, and how his third party effort gave us two terms of Bill Clinton. And I remember vividly how George Wallace’s American Independent Party disrupted the 1968 election and roiled the ranks of confused conservatives. No. When the time is right for a third party, I’ll be one of the banner-bearers, but this is not the time. Let’s deal with the RINOs first, then let’s clean the clocks of the dem/libs wherever we may find them. There’s a Conservative tsunami coming. Let’s be united to make it totally successful in washing the dem/libs out the door!

Comment by Excelsior — March 26, 2010 @ 1:38 pm