- From Roger Simon at Pajamas Media — “The real reason liberals accuse Tea Partiers of racism.” It’s the same reason they accuse Arizonans who want immigration laws enforced of racism. Simon says it’s that “Liberals have nothing else to say or do.” That’s his version of what I’ve been saying, which is that they’re out of arguments.
- “Bigots to the Left of Me” Update (related Cincinnati and Bertha Lewis items are here and here), Gordon Brown edition (“she was just a sort of bigoted woman”) — The really impressive thing is that the British press is covering it, instead of covering it up, which is what the U.S. establishment press with its pretense of “objectivity” masking rampant partisanship would be doing.
- “Dingbats on the Right” Update (two among many Ohio-related items are here and here) — It’s important to remember that a year ago, the National Republican Senatorial Committee said it would support incumbent Arlen Specter over principled sensible conservative Pat Toomey, shortly after Specter supplied a critical turncoat vote to enable the misguided and mislabeled “stimulus” bill to get through the Senate. A “grateful” Specter bolted to the Democrats. At the same time, Hot Air’s Allahpundit wrote that “Toomey probably can’t beat a Democrat in Pennsylvania.” It’s still too early to prove Allah wrong, but it would be nice to see him back off on the “probably.” And it would be nice to someday see establishment Republicans support people who won’t stab the base in the back at seemingly any opportunity.
- From Howard Nemerow at Pajamas Media — “Campaign Finance Transparency for Thee, but Not for … Dems”
- From the totally not self-aware Associated Press — “Illegal immigrants plan to leave over Ariz. law.” Real World Translation: “Ariz. law already accomplishing its intent.”
- From the “Can’t Make This Up” Dept. — “Arizona Iced Tea is brewed in New York,” but “Opponents of immigration law call for boycott of Arizona Iced Tea.”