At the We The People Convention:
- Former ACORN worker and now clean-elections advocate Anita Moncrief did a fantastic job in her presentation laying out the issues with election integrity and her new initiatives, which I’ll be looking into in the coming days. It started with a standing O from grateful attendees, and improved from there.
- Seth Morgan’s and Rebecca Heimlich’s Ohio 180 about legitimately turning around Ohio presentation hit home.
- Ned Ryun did a nice, crisp program on how Get Out The Vote efforts work in the final days of a campaign.
- Mark, yours truly and many in the assembled crowd had a chance to shake hands and speak briefly with Herman Cain, and there was a relatively brief Dick Morris sighting. Pics perhaps to follow.
In other news:
- From CBS News (HT Mark Levin’s Facebook page) — “Romney flip-flops on charges against Obama.” Words fail. UPDATE, July 5: Ace says it’s a media fail. I agree.
- Minnesota State government is shutting down, entirely because Democratic governor Mark Dayton wants to raise taxes, and the Republican legislature doesn’t.
- Herman Cain has a new no holds-barred video going after Obama.
- Good economic news — The Institute for Supply Management’s Manufacturing Index increased by 1.8% to 55.3% in June, increasing the sector’s expansion.
- Not so good economic news, at Hot Air — Construction activity dropped 0.6% in May, and has dropped 6.3% year-to-date.