March 23, 2015

White House: Iran ‘Death To America’ Comments Only Meant For ‘Domestic Audience’

CNN is reporting tonight that the White House considers the “Of course, death to America” comments made by Iran’s Supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, as merely a statement “intended for a domestic political audience.”

That clueless take would be headline news everywhere right now if this were a Republican or conservative administration. The National Journal’s John Kraushaar’s tweet reporting that statement, and one reaction to it, follow the jump:

CNNonDeathToAmericaIran032315

Well, at least that means Bibi Netanyahu won’t suffer any repercussions for anything he said during the final days of Israel’s election campaign last week, because, after all, those statements were only “intended for a domestic political audience.”

Wanna bet?

Over at Ace’s place, astute sardonic commenters have identified several other things throughout history only “intended for a domestic political audience,” and therefore apparently no one else’s business. Here are a few examples:

The willingness to overlook anything and everything negative emanating from Iran in the name of making a deal — any deal — couldn’t be more obvious.

The press also wants a deal — any deal. That’s why it’s highly unlikely that the White House’s foolishness noted here will get any establishment press notice.

Cross-posted at NewsBusters.org.

Share

4 Comments

  1. [...] Cross-posted at BizzyBlog.com. [...]

    Pingback by President Obama – Really? (Ezekiel 17) | Andrew The Prophet — March 25, 2015 @ 3:05 pm

  2. In related news:

    Hillary Clinton Hit With Racketeering Lawsuit Over Emails

    http://weaselzippers.us/218429-clinton-hit-with-racketeering-lawsuit-over-emails/

    wait for the punch line, wait for it, wait for it…

    It alleges that, during her tenure, Clinton withheld documents requested under FOIA regarding State Department waivers given to businesses or individuals doing business with Iran, possibly undermining U.S.-imposed sanctions.

    If that doesn’t make you guffa, then this should make you angry:

    In the new lawsuit, he alleges that, during Hillary Clinton’s tenure, the State Department “clearly leaked” information to New York Times reporter David Sanger on U.S. and Israeli efforts to counteract Iran’s nuclear weapons program.

    “Public reports about plans to counter Iran’s nuclear weapons development programs undermined the effectiveness of those plans by revealing them to Iran and other terrorist organizations and states,” the complaint states.

    So much for accusing the Israelis of attempting to interfere with the nuke talks.

    Comment by dscott — March 25, 2015 @ 4:37 pm

  3. Iran stalls probe into nuclear weapons research, U.N. report says

    http://news.yahoo.com/u-n-nuclear-agency-makes-no-progress-iran-135028270.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw

    Comment by dscott — March 26, 2015 @ 1:46 pm

  4. #3, They’re getting a carte blanche disguised as a “deal.”

    Comment by Tom — March 26, 2015 @ 3:02 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.