On the heels of the dreadful performance this morning on New Day Curtis Houck at NewsBusters observed earlier today, CNN’s Chris Cuomo, apparently convinced that President Donald Trump’s firing of FBI Director James Comey is the scandal of the century, actually went to Twitter and asked: “For the sake of argument, what did Obama do that compares to comey firing in your opinion?” Clueless Chris did this even after Jonathan Turley, as Houck noted, said that the Comey firing “is not a constitutional crisis,” and that Trump, in this instance and as a general rule, “actually complies with the law.”
The most complete set of answers to Cuomo’s question is part of the comprehensive list of Obama’s misdeeds accumulated by Daniel Alman, aka Dan from Squirrel Hill, in “1,342 well sourced examples of Barack Obama’s lying, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, hypocrisy, waste, etc.” Even if one strictly limits the scope to things “Obama did” as opposed to things others in his administration did, Alman’s volume contains an absolute minimum of several dozen items which are obviously worse than Donald Trump’s completely legal firing of his FBI Director.
But, for those who need some specific examples, here they are, gleaned from several tweeters among many who responded to Cuomo:
- “Is (the) Comey firing a scandal like: Fast & Furious; IRS Targeting; VA Scandal; (spying on) James Rosen & AP; Obamacare lies; Bowe Bergdahl; Benghazi; Iran Deal?”
- “Refus(al) to prosecute Eric Holder for contempt; refus(al) to prosecute Lois Lerner for contempt.”
- “I would say using the IRS to target your political enemies is 100 times worse than firing a waffling, incompetent FBI director.”
- “Well, if we’re talking their legal executive powers. President ‘I Have a Pen & a Phone’ fired Stanley McChrystal & James Mattis.”
- “Pretty sure suing a group of nuns or jailing a US resident over a YouTube video ranks pretty high.”
Cuomo, the son of a former Democratic Party Governor of New York Mario Cuomo and current Empire State Democratic Party Governor Andrew Cuomo’s brother, has clearly bought into the ridiculous idea propagated by the left, which persisted to our former president’s very last day, that the Obama administration was somehow “scandal-free.” What utter nonsense.
Add this to the long list of reasons why no one should ever take anything Cuomo says or claims seriously. As one tweeter wrote: “That Chris Cuomo has to be told what these scandals are and why they were bad sums up media incompetency almost too perfectly.”
Cross-posted at NewsBusters.org.